Chirpy Chippy Cabinet


I love how fun and cheerful this turned.

I snapped this before picture after I had removed the doors and the carpet covered cardboard side panels.  Say that fast...
I almost passed up this piece.  It was one of the only things left at an estate sale.  The house was almost empty and it was tucked inside a closet.  It had a bunch of junk that no wanted on top of it.  I walked by it several times before I really noticed it.
I replaced them with solid wood.  You can't see in this picture, but the legs had been eaten up by some little critter.  I sanded ALOT, and then reshaped with some wood filler.  I then painted the entire piece with my homemade white chalk paint, like I did HERE.  
I had intended on painting the entire piece pink, but thought it looked so great white I changed plans.  I decided to just paint the legs pink and my two little birds in pink. I used my overhead projector to put on my design.  I combined two different images I found on the web for my birds.
I distressed and then used a little dark wax. 
 I then did two coats of Annie Sloan clear wax.


It didn't last long at Absolute Vintage Boutique.
Its already sold.








Comments

  1. That really did turn out great - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Glad you didn't pass it by ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a beautiful piece! I love every little thing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Stopping by from tickled pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute piece! Love the birdies...

    Visiting from TT&J~ Rhonda @home.made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh.. love the lil birdies!!!!

    Stopping by from TT & J and would LOVE for you to come by and link this up (and any other project) at my “Create and Inspire” Party!
    http://www.littleinspiration.com/2012/01/create-and-inspire-party-giveaway-link.html
    Thanks so much!
    P.S. New follower
    Angie from A Little Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, love the birdies! I'm now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are hosting our first Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party next Friday (the 10th) and would love for you to share this! Feel free to stop by and grab a party button! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. I love that cabinet too. Great find!
    You should join me for Handmade 52!
    http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/ -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. treatment of alcohol induced fatty liver treatment of alcohol induced fatty liver treatment of alcohol
    induced fatty liver

    Also visit my weblog treatment for fatty liver in homeopathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. I LOVE your Feedback!